A light buff / grey slightly open
Hardwearing Bath Stone
Base Bed is a light buff / grey slightly open grained limestone, with small intermittent shell deposits.
Base Bed Stoke Ground Bath Stone is the ideal stone for exposed and weathering areas such as cornices, coping and string courses where you want the aesthetic qualities of Bath Stone but also need to achieve enhanced durability. It is also a popular choice for flooring, fireplaces and ashlar walling.
It is a light buff / grey slightly open grained limestone, with small intermittent shell deposits.
Base Bed Stoke Ground Bath Stone has been mined since 1982 when technological advances gave us the capabilities to extract this exceptionally versatile stone safely and sustainably.
Bed height: 550mm – 750mm
Block length: 3500mm
Block width: 850mm – 1100mm
Our Base Bed Stoke Ground Bath Stone is independently tested to the latest European and British Standards by BRE Global, an independent, international certification body. It means you can be confident it will meet your performance requirements.
We supply the relevant certificates and declarations as standard with every order, so you have complete supply chain transparency and a clear provenance for your stone.
- Density as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 2120 Kgm³
- Porosity % by volume as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 22.0%
- Compressive strength as defined by BS EN 772-1:2011: 22.9 MPa
- Flexural strength as defined by BS EN 12372: 2006: 4.3 MPa
- Water absorption % by mass as defined by BS EN 13755:2008: 9.0%
- Thermal conductivity as defined by BS EN 12524:2000: 1.70 Kgm³
- Saturation Coefficient: 0.73